Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward manifold

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward manifold

I lost my footing and dropped my hayward micro clear de filter and a plastic part broke off the top manifold collector dex2400c .. i dont see any plugs to skip the element so i bought a new manifold .. I already have an air bleed assembly on this one so i just bought the manifold thinking it would have a hole for the air bleed assembly .. but there is no hole for it on this one .. i dont know if i can still use this new manifold without the air bleed hole or will I have to send it back and get the one with it?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward manifold

Post a picture of the new one. And the old one, if you still have it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

the white one is new still in plastic .. its flat on the top mostly but no air hole as seen on the dark one with smooth top
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like you're going to have to send it back and get the right one.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

That new one actually looks like a Pentair manifold. The new Pentair manifold has an integrated air relief. Does the manifold have one hole for a bolt or two?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FNS-PLUS-DE-FIL ... 0586998411

6. Back To Top    #6

it has one hole for the center rod .. identical to the old one except for the air hole

7. Back To Top    #7

this little block in your picture seems like its perforated .. as seen on this one its solid with no holes . however right next to the center hole for the rod is a little circle .. little hard to see .. sorry .. could that be the air bleed hole that wasnt knocked out in this
    new generic version .. its solid though so im not sure how easy it would be to knock out without breaking off more plastic
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Back To Top    #8

The holes for the air bleeder are very small and hard to see. Look closely to see if they are there. Either way, it's only an internal air relief, which I don't think is necessary anyway. If you don't feel comfortable with the one you have, then you could return it and get the Hayward brand part.

Top manifold from Custom Molded Products designed for the Hayward DE Filter.
    This replaces the original part number DEX2400C. The manifold also has a built in Air Bleed eliminating having to replace the Air Bleed when it gets damaged.
    http://www.discountpoolzone.com/pumpfil ... 53577.html

9. Back To Top    #9

does anyone know what I should do with the old manifold? .. is it recyclable?

10. Back To Top    #10

I believe that it is made with Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) (recycle #9). Check with your recycling center to see if they accept that type of plastic.