I'll be brand new to SWG and to pool maintenance. I've started reading Pool School and plan to really go through it. However, I do have some questions before deciding to purchase my SWG system.
FYI - I've decided to go with the Hayward SwimPure/AquaRite. I'm a complete newbie to pool maintenance, let alone SWG.
Questions about SWG:
- How often do you recommend I check the levels in my pool?[/*:m:282epxwj]
- Is there a major difference between the test kits I see linked to from this forum and what I can buy at my pool store (Pinch A Penny)?[/*:m:282epxwj]
- How is the Salinity brand of salt? Can I buy coarse or is it worth it to pay more for the fine grain with stain inhibitor. coarse and fine grain.[/*:m:282epxwj]
- In addition to salt, what else will I need to have on-hand to sometimes add to the pool?[/*:m:282epxwj]
- Do I need to shock my SWG pool? Do I only shock it if there's a visible problem (algae or cloudiness)? Or, do I just let it run and adjust the levels of various chemicals/additives when necessary? Surge shock for SWG is sold at my local store (here) which is why I'm asking.[/*:m:282epxwj]
- If I do need to shock, will my SWG pool automatically come back down to a normal level of chlorine after the shock? I'm not sure how shocking works (and hope I don't need to do it on some regular basis with a SWG).[/*:m:282epxwj]
- Do you still run an automatic pool scrubber/cleaner like you do with a standing chlorine pool? If so, how often is that recommended?[/*:m:282epxwj]
- What will affect my pool's various levels of chemicals/additives and how frequently I need to adjust? Sun? Rain? Debris?[/*:m:282epxwj]
- Anything else I need to know about SWG?[/*:m:282epxwj]
I'm definitely going to go through pool school on here but I'd love a basic idea of what I can expect from you all before making my purchase.