CYA sock

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
I'm sure this wouldn't happen to anybody else (no. Really.....I'm pretty sure). I asked DH to clean/empty skimmers before I set out to vacuum pool. One skimmer had a nearly empty sock in the basket that previously had been full of CYA. DH "though" he didn't want to stain concrete with CYA sock so he promptly put the sock in the skimmer while he emptied the basket. I was upstairs on the porch when I heard "what the (insert expletive) where did the sock go!!!!" What a panick I was in when I realized what he had done. :hammer: since I no very little about plumbing.

Well......all is well. To my pleasant surprise just like when your child eats that coin this too passed. Lesson learned. Keep socks and DH away from skimmers just as you keep toddlers away from small objects.

We all have that special someone in our lives that make us scratch our heads! :mrgreen: My brother's ex wife was standing in front of the skimmer box on the AGP with a cup trying to empty it because it was too full. My brother was floating on the raft watching her, shaking his head, and when she looked up and said, I can't get the water to stay out, he said, I love you Baby! lol

Thank you. I thought someone might find that amusing. I didn't !! But I sure was relieved when I saw that thing get sucked into the strainer basket by being forced "over" the top part. I was trying to shut the valve to that skimmer thinking it might be stuck where we could fish it out when VOILA it it just appeared. Glad it was a short lived panic and we were able to laugh. My husband promptly said "see? I did that just to teach you a lesson".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.