Chlorine Demand that just won't go away...

Can anyone tell me what this means? FC held overnight and CC is down to .5 and has been since yesterday morning. I just took FC reading again (about 3 1/2 hrs since last one) and it is at 9.5 and CC at .5. Is that ok? Should I bring FC back to 12 or because it held overnight it's ok? I know I want FC to hold, CC to be under 1 and clear water...just wanted to ask to make sure I should add bleach again. Should I do an overnight test again as well?

gerks9800 said:
Can anyone tell me what this means? FC held overnight and CC is down to .5 and has been since yesterday morning. I just took FC reading again (about 3 1/2 hrs since last one) and it is at 9.5 and CC at .5. Is that ok? Should I bring FC back to 12 or because it held overnight it's ok? I know I want FC to hold, CC to be under 1 and clear water...just wanted to ask to make sure I should add bleach again. Should I do an overnight test again as well?
That is fine. .5 CC is okay. No need to shock :)

CC can bouce from .5 to zero and back and forth, but that is common.

Butterfly said:
gerks9800 said:

That is fine. .5 CC is okay. No need to shock :)

CC can bouce from .5 to zero and back and forth, but that is common.

The pool is clear, right? See red lines in my sig

Hi Guys! It's been a few days and here is what I have. Just want to make sure I proceed the correct way.
FC .5, CC .5, TC 1, PH 7.5, CYA 40, Alk 210
I know that you said to NOT use the chlorine pucks anymore. SO I just need to add chlorine to get back up to a 3-4 of FC, right? Since PH is good, I don't worry about the Alkalinity being a little on the high side? Anything else I should know?

I really do appreciate all the help you guys have given me, I was at my wits end.

gerks9800 said:
SO I just need to add chlorine to get back up to a 3-4 of FC, right?
Your FC should not be allowed to drop below 3 ppm! Normal range for your FC is 3-7 ppm (using 40 ppm cya from poolcalculator.com). Hopefully you are still algae free?

gerks9800 said:
ince PH is good, I don't worry about the Alkalinity being a little on the high side?
Just keep a close eye on ph and when it gets to 7.8, lower it down to 7.2...this will slowly lower TA over time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.