Chlorine Demand that just won't go away...

:whoot: Yeah, it sounds like you are almost done ridding yourself of ammonia.

Yep keep the FC up at/or slightly above 12.5 ppm as much as possible. If the CC keeps dropping and if the water is starting to clear, I would plan on doing an OCLT tonight...see: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/overnight_fc_test

You can go either way on the make up water. If your level is high enough to not starve the pump, then I guess I would leave it.

Well, don't use them w/shocking the pool.

Some folks keep them around to use when they take a trip or to raise CYA a little, etc. As long as you understand the side effects, you can use them sometimes.

btw, nice job on slapping that ammonia plum silly :whip: :goodjob:

gerks9800 said:
OK so no pucks in skimmer and no other chemicals use only the BBB's! I'm learning fast huh?!?
As BF said, no pucks while shocking. Since your cya is not too high (30 I think was your last number?) then you might be able to use them when on vacation.

As for the other B's, you may not need Borax or Baking soda...don't buy until you need them. More likely what you may need before those is Muriatic Acid to lower ph...but don't buy that until we know. Once you are done with the shocking process and your FC is back down to normal levels, we can recommend any other changes that need to be made.

Still at it. I have done the overnight test the last two nights. This morning my FC is at 9 and last night it was at 13....so I guess I still have a little ways to go. My CC has been staying under 1.5 for awhile now. Does anyone think this might be the last day I have to keep up at this checking most of the day? It has definitely gotten less, but still adding a few times a day. Hoping that by tomorrow we are in the clear. Water is still cloudy, but I know that someone said w/ sand filters this can take time to clear. Also have not been checking PH or Alk so have no idea where those are at right now. Deal with that as soon as the FC holds for a little while. Weather also got very warm yesterday and will be the same today so that is burning some of that off I'm sure.

Check in again with my progress real soon!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gerks9800 said:
Sorry, I am new at this. I will have to figure that out and add it all.
Thanks
No problem. If you mean for the site, go to User Control Panel (top left under TFP logo), select Profile (& add location), then select Signature (and add pool/equipment info). I think that is right ... :)

If you mean the pool/equip, just ask & someone will help.

gerks9800 said:
I think we have almost done it. Checked at 5:30 am FC 9, CC 1, TC 10. Checked at 9:30 FC 12, CC .5, TC 12.5. Checked at 12:30 FC 11 (a little low), CC .5 and TC 11.5. I think a few more shots at this and we may be good. Agree??
Doing great :goodjob:

You still gotta pass the three tests to be done shocking. See red lines in my sig.

I think you'll pass OCLT tonight...fingers crossed :wink:

How often are you brushing and backwashing? Have you tried any DE in the filter (directions in Pool School)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.