Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB praise

1. Back To Top    #1
    Birmingham, Alabama

BBB praise

This year we opened the pool using traditional methods of trichlor/powdered shock and normal chemicals. The water cleared but never perfectly. I then researched the BBB method and hesitantly started using bleach instead of traditional. At first, the green pool barely cleared, I then realized my cya was diminished

I then got my cya to 40, And started bleaching as usual. Typicall adding a jug every other day of 6%. Just to shock it. Now I'm putting in a ballpark guess of 1/3 the jug a day until my tf100 arrives sometime next week. Let me tell you I have never seen a more clear pool in my life. Posting pics shortly. Thank you all for the help, no more vacuuming powder off the bottom.
    30' by 54 Above Ground Pool 22000 Gallons
    1.5HP 2-Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    24' 300lb Hayward Sand Filter
    TF100 Test Kit
    Youngest Pool Enthusiast(Hopefully)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: BBB praise

Isn't it great when the (chemically) simplest chlorine goes in your pool and works the very best??
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

I can tell the difference from a pool store, chemically treated pool from a BBB pool! The difference in clarity is stunning!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

You are well on your way to understanding the impact that the chemicals that you add to your pool have on the water. Going forward, you will have the knowledge to add only what is needed, when it is needed, and in the proper dosage.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.