Stenner Pumping Question

DonW

Jun 27, 2008
Central IL.
I've got my Stenner pump on-line now and watched it for its first pumping cycle not only to see how it performs but whether the timer that controls it works also. During the pumping cycle, the discharge side of the Stenner pump tube at the tube housing wiggles side to side in the pump head. Not a crazy amount but as the rollers squeeze the tube there is a pretty good motion. Additionally the discharge tubing leading to the injection check valve moves in a slight "jumping" motion in rhythm with the movement of the tube at the pump head as the fluid is delivered.
Are these movements normal and to be expected?
I just want to make sure that the injection check valve is not blocked as I never did test the system before the installation.

I have used similar pumps at work and have found them to be reliable and accurate. I would like to give this a try, but I live in Dallas, Tx and I am concerned about the concentration of liquid bleach degrading quickly in out heat. We will see a couple thre or four months in the 90s or 100s.

What are everyones thoughts, how quick will 30 gal of bleach loose it.

Anthony

aiannar974 said:
I have used similar pumps at work and have found them to be reliable and accurate. I would like to give this a try, but I live in Dallas, Tx and I am concerned about the concentration of liquid bleach degrading quickly in out heat. We will see a couple thre or four months in the 90s or 100s.

What are everyones thoughts, how quick will 30 gal of bleach loose it.

Anthony

I also buried my tank most of the way to keep the bleach a little cooler.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.