This is the second time this has happened. We have a pretty strong thunderstorm and the water immediately takes on a green tint as well as becoming very cloudy. Last time I was able to shock the pool right away. This time we have guests and I let my 11 yr old convince me not to close the pool and shock it.
Question is: is this the wrong call? Am I now in for a protracted fight to get the water back to clear and sparkling?
Do I have to jump on the pool immediately after an event like this or is there some leeway to play with?
Thanks. I love being able to pose these questions and get advice from experienced pool caretakers and not having to be completely on my own.