Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Production Pool vs. Spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Production Pool vs. Spa

I have a Jandy Aquapure SWG along with Aqualink RS One Touch controller. I'm finding that when I dial in the chlorine production to be appropriate for the pool, the chlorine in the spa is way too high.

Is there a way to for the chlorine production to be different values when I'm in pool mode vs. spa mode?

If not, is there something else I can do? Thanks.
    35,000 Gallon Gunite Pool/Spa
    Jandy DEL60 DE Filter
    Jandy AquaPure SWG
    2 Pool Skimmer / 1 Spa Skimmer
    Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine Production Pool vs. Spa

The AquaLink has two percentage settings, one for the pool and one for the spa. Generally the spa setting should be about one tenth or one twentieth of the pool setting.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

That's good to know. Can you explain how to set the different percentages? I didn't see it in the manuals.
    35,000 Gallon Gunite Pool/Spa
    Jandy DEL60 DE Filter
    Jandy AquaPure SWG
    2 Pool Skimmer / 1 Spa Skimmer
    Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't normally use an AquaLink, but I believe it is Menu - Select - AquaPure - Select - and then it offers you Set Pool and Set Spa options. This will only appear if the AquaLink is setup for both pool & spa and the AquaLink and AquaPure are linked together.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School