Pebble Sheen Vs Rain - Needed Repair

TAMC93

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2013
Central Texas
I am hoping someone can help with an install question. I have lurked around the forum while we have been building and found it to be very useful.

Our builder was in the middle of floating the pool today when we had an unexpected cloud burst. While I know that ultimately it the finish needs to cure underwater, the rain caused portions of the sidewalls and bottom to be washed out/eroded away.

They say they can repair it, but my concern is how do I know if it is being repaired correctly? Any feedback/insight would be appreciated.

Edit: Still raining the next day...

I will try to add pictures later in case anyone has any thoughts.

I have no reason to not to not trust them, but at the same time I have no reason to trust them either - such is the life in construction. I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas or had run into a similar situation, but it maybe to unique of an issue.

If it is pebble sheen it should be being done by licensed contractors and I would assume they have been through this before. If it did not pile up and dry up I would think it would be straight forward of spraying in the walls and blending it in with the bottom.

They actually started today chipped away the areas closest to the tile to allow it to be flush and they are also using a bond coat. So it appears to the be a general replaster of the pool, just 10-years in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.