Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble Sheen Vs Rain - Needed Repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble Sheen Vs Rain - Needed Repair

I am hoping someone can help with an install question. I have lurked around the forum while we have been building and found it to be very useful.

Our builder was in the middle of floating the pool today when we had an unexpected cloud burst. While I know that ultimately it the finish needs to cure underwater, the rain caused portions of the sidewalls and bottom to be washed out/eroded away.

They say they can repair it, but my concern is how do I know if it is being repaired correctly? Any feedback/insight would be appreciated.

Edit: Still raining the next day...
    +/-16k gallon IG pebblesheen pool with SWG, spa and waterfall, Hayward 2HP 2-speed Tri-star, Hayward 1.5HP Tri-star, Hayward 5030 Cartridge filter, Hayward H400 Heater, Sharkvac Robotic Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble Sheen Vs Rain - Needed Repair

Looks like it will finally stop raining... any advice for a Tuesday phone call would be appreciated.... or did I stump the chumps
    +/-16k gallon IG pebblesheen pool with SWG, spa and waterfall, Hayward 2HP 2-speed Tri-star, Hayward 1.5HP Tri-star, Hayward 5030 Cartridge filter, Hayward H400 Heater, Sharkvac Robotic Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know the answer to your question but pics would probably get more responses and help to your question.
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Very few pool plasterers on this website....most of us are pool owners. Do you have reason to mistrust the people doing the work?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I will try to add pictures later in case anyone has any thoughts.

I have no reason to not to not trust them, but at the same time I have no reason to trust them either - such is the life in construction. I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas or had run into a similar situation, but it maybe to unique of an issue.

6. Back To Top    #6

If it is pebble sheen it should be being done by licensed contractors and I would assume they have been through this before. If it did not pile up and dry up I would think it would be straight forward of spraying in the walls and blending it in with the bottom.
    McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...t56120-40.html

7. Back To Top    #7

They actually started today chipped away the areas closest to the tile to allow it to be flush and they are also using a bond coat. So it appears to the be a general replaster of the pool, just 10-years in advance.

8. Back To Top    #8

If they are replastering the entire pool, then they are "repairing" it the right way.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks. Tried to post quick pictures for future reference to others, but the files were to big.