Newbie with a few questions

aretha1075

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Jonesville, VA
I have a few questions and not sure which forum to post in, so if this is the wrong place I am sorry. We are filling our pool slowly with our well. It is almost to the intake. My first question is can I start the pump and vacuum the pool when the water is over the intake but not the outlet?

My next question is about the ladder. I hate the ladder that came with the pool. It is an older pool with the original ladder. It is shaky and the top (landing) gives under weight. I am afraid the landing is going to break and hurt one of us. I am researching ladders but they are as varied as ways to care for the water in the pool. Does anyone here have a recommendation?

Thanks for the help and such a great site!

The water intake is normally higher than the outlet, so I am a little confused. Still, if you get the water level above the height of the suction port you can start the pump.

I am not a ladder person beyond knowing that you have lots of options. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to answer that part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.