Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie with a few questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie with a few questions

I have a few questions and not sure which forum to post in, so if this is the wrong place I am sorry. We are filling our pool slowly with our well. It is almost to the intake. My first question is can I start the pump and vacuum the pool when the water is over the intake but not the outlet?

My next question is about the ladder. I hate the ladder that came with the pool. It is an older pool with the original ladder. It is shaky and the top (landing) gives under weight. I am afraid the landing is going to break and hurt one of us. I am researching ladders but they are as varied as ways to care for the water in the pool. Does anyone here have a recommendation?

Thanks for the help and such a great site!
    Intex 24'x52" Ultra Frame AG, 12,481 gal.,
    Krystal Clear Model 633t pump, 2,500 GPH, 1/2 HP
    Install 5-17-2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie with a few questions

The water intake is normally higher than the outlet, so I am a little confused. Still, if you get the water level above the height of the suction port you can start the pump.

I am not a ladder person beyond knowing that you have lots of options. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to answer that part.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh joy now we are both confused! I thought the inlet on an Intex pool was the lowest opening and the outlet was the adjustable eye thingy. Am I wrong?
    Install 5-17-2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok I just went back and read the pump instructions. I am calling the pool outlet an intake for the pump. This is the lowest opening in the pool wall. I apologize for the oopsy. The blonde is strong at times with me!
    Install 5-17-2013