How long will it take to neutralize all AA with bleach?

G

Richard320 said:
AA and bleach cancel each other. Which is why you let the FC disappear beforehand - why add AA if it's just going to get neutralized immediately? Then the AA attacks the staining and dissolves the metals. Then you sequester the metals. You still have no FC and the pool is full of AA. Which is where you're at.

Now you use bleach to neutralize the AA, and when it's all gone, what you add will show up as FC.

Just keep adding bleach until it takes.
How long will it take to neutralize all AA with bleach?
I added 1.5 lb / 10k gal AA when FC was 0.
Now, it has been 5 days, my FC still all gone after one day of sunlight, and overnight is about 1ppm.
I raise FC to 3 in every evening, then raise it to 5 in the following morning.
CYA is 35.

I think if the AA was still present, that FC disappears quickly.

Have you elevated the FC up to shock level and performed an OCLT to confirm nothing is living in the water?

As the sun intensifies, you likely just need to raise the CYA up closer to 50ppm to better protect it from the sun (after verifying the OCLT and following the shock process if required).

It is best not to shock the pool for at least another week, least the stains come back.

If you have any measurable FC level at all then the AA is all gone.

Raise your FC target level by 1 or 2 a day until you get back to your normal FC target level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.