Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: R about to buy the 24x52 ultra frame tommorow

1. Back To Top    #1

R about to buy the 24x52 ultra frame tommorow

Hi new to site we r about to buy the 24x52 ultra frame tommorow and wondering about whether to keep the cartridge system or buy the san filter for 199.00. Ive also heard that if we want to use the auto vac have to have the sand fi,ter is this correct..also does this model not come with a attached auto skimmer? So is the one you buy adequote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Upgraded plumbing and thru-wall skimmer for Intex pool.

Dmarill
    U see to be the man wth all the ans to my qs and your putting in same pool as me 24x52 i see the auto skimmer u added awesome..u use the cartridges i see do u use the walmart ones or have u found Better ones out There that fit the intex? Got to tell u folks i have A techie hubby and nit a handy hubby if there is anyone in the phoenix az area who has installed these and wants to be pd to install mine please please send me an email barbara_domanski@yahoo.com i will pay to have someone come level and install my pool and if you go add the skimmer ill order it and u can do that as well. Im disabled so i all i can do is watch and pray. Help please

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: R about to buy the 24x52 ultra frame tommorow

I have the Ultra Frame 20 x 48. And I got the sand filter - it runs way better
    than the cheap little pump that comes with the pool. If you can swing
    the extra $ for the sand filter, go for it!
    20 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame
    Sand filter with SWG attached.
    Deck added on (05/18/2013)
    Thinking about adding more deck
    Pool steps added in - (got rid of that crappy ladder that came with Intex pool) 05/18/2013.

"A little bit of paradise in our yard"

4. Back To Top    #4

Upgrade to the sand filter. I am not sure about the in's n outs of hooking up skimmer boxes to these INTEX pools but I do know you can purchase them at your local pool store. Also ask the pool store on installers. They may be able to help you. I have also seen installers listed on Craig's List so maybe try running an ad there in your area for an installer.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Does it have to be the intex sand filter or can i upgrade to a hayward, ive also read all the strings about using the unicels those are great...comments on swg( salt water generators)