Help...hole filling in Fast as I can Dig!!!

MaMaC

May 19, 2013
Well I thought I could put in an AGP in my lovely sandy back yard. Unfortunately this looks like a DIY project that might not be possible. :( Has anyone put in an AGP in an area with challenging sand all around?
Ground can be dug out but the spill rate back into the hole is pretty quick, adding water helps but here where water comes at a high $$ not sure that is possible to keep it maintained until pool it filled. Only other option I see is digging out an extra 6-8' wider to be able to set the pool, fill with water and then backfill.

Is it even possible to put pool into sandy soil? Folks at Doughboy Pools say yes...Starting to think I have a "Sucker" sign on my forhead! Any one have suggestions? I really do not have the space to dig out the extra 6-8'.
Also wondering if I can use just the sand as the base or do I add something else to my future pool floor?

Bought a Copper Canyon 16x28

Just a thought, have you tried making a retaining wall from sand bags?

Another thought, you could try digging a small trench just outside the pool area fill with cement, mix with backfilling sand and add water to make a weak concrete retaining wall

Isaac-1
Thanks for the reply. That would take a lot of sand bags...of which I have plenty of sand. I originally thought about making a weak wall with partial cement/sand and water. I was concerned it might shift into the side of the pool over time and I don't want to risk damaging the sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.