Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vinyl pool owners: how do you vacuum your corners?

1. Back To Top    #1

vinyl pool owners: how do you vacuum your corners?

so I've got a vinyl pool with lots of corners and "seams" where walls meet the floor. these are sharp corners and dirt build up in them and is really gross.

I have the triangle shaped vacuum with the brushes around the outside. I have a plaster pool vacuum that works very well in the flats. I have a barracuda mx8 that struggles in those areas too.

neither of these work in the corners or seams. they either don't suck it up or just push it around.

I'm tempted to tie my vacuum hose to a pole and use just that to get in the corners and seams. anybody have any other ideas?
    ~ Ryan P
    23,000 IG Vinyl ~ <1991 60GPM Pentair Triton TR-60 (Sand) ~ Pentair SuperFlo 1HP ~ Kennard, NE
    Unless otherwise noted, all tests performed with the TF-100. Proud Pool School attendee!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vinyl pool owners: how do you vacuum your corners?

Brush the corners into the open.

It also sounds like your hose to a pole is a good one, but make sure that you don't have sharp edges.
    ~31k gallon 18x36 IG, Vinyl LoopLoc Sahara, Hayward C-750 75sq' Cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS3050, SGS Breeze760 SWG, Homemade Aerators, SmartPool Nitro 52 Wall Climber, TFT100 XL, Borates, and a partridge in a pear tree :)

3. Back To Top    #3

I do brush them into the open, but no matter how hard I try to go slow, it all just gets stirred up and I have to wait another hour before I can try again.

I'll see if anyone else wants to weigh in, but if not, I'm doing the "wire my hose to a pole" thing tomorrow. gotta be clean and clear for Memorial Day!!!
    ~ Ryan P
    23,000 IG Vinyl ~ <1991 60GPM Pentair Triton TR-60 (Sand) ~ Pentair SuperFlo 1HP ~ Kennard, NE
    Unless otherwise noted, all tests performed with the TF-100. Proud Pool School attendee!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You may try to redirect your return jets to hit the corners more. This may only help in a few areas of your pool.
    In ground 25,000 gallon - vinyl liner - Sand filter - residential pool
    Also maintain two commercial 190,000 gallon competitive indoor bromine facilities -9x Sand filters

5. Back To Top    #5

unfortunately, the returns are about a foot below the surface and the corners and seams in question are 9' below.

thanks for the suggestion!
    ~ Ryan P