Moving from shocking process to SWG taking over

May 16, 2013
I'm in the final stages of the shocking process, where I have a slight amount of algae left to kill off before getting into "phase 2" where I will be introducing the salt into the pool and powering up my IC40.

At times I believe I'm "over thinking" the process, but when should I start cutting over to salt, knowing that it will take some time for the SWG to generate enough FC. Moreover, because my FC is still around 16, I don't want to start the SWG too early, which will only add a higher FC level.

Do people normally stop adding chlorine after shocking and then just waiting for the FC to naturally fall to the appropriate level, or will people start introducing salt even when a small amount of algae is left at the bottom?

Again, I think i'm just driving myself crazy...I just want to make sure I'm doing the best possible job I can.

Thanks!

When you are completely done shocking the pool, you just stop adding chlorine and let the level fall back to normal levels. Then when the level is more or less normal (you don't have to be precise) turn on the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.