Bottom of Intex pool is slimy

janet

May 24, 2013
HELP purchased Intex pool also purchased a salt water generator pool is 12x20 oval (duh can't be round LOL) added 80 lbs of salt bottom is 'slimy' (just the vinyl?) water is cloudy WHAT do I need to do? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Welcome to TFP.

More than likely your chlorine is too low and you have algae starting. To really help, we'd need to know your current chlorine and CYA levels.

OK I can't figure out how to post on here. Sorry this isn't exactly the same problem but close. We recently received 6" of rain in three days now the bottom of the pool is slimy its an intex 16x48 with a Krystal clear salt system I order a 60$ test kit that was suggested to me on here before but it has not arrived yet if you resolved your issue and don't mind sharing some insight :) or if anybody out there can tell me how to stop this before it ruins my kids summer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.