Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bottom of Intex pool is slimy

1. Back To Top    #1

Bottom of Intex pool is slimy

HELP purchased Intex pool also purchased a salt water generator pool is 12x20 oval (duh can't be round LOL) added 80 lbs of salt bottom is 'slimy' (just the vinyl?) water is cloudy WHAT do I need to do? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Bottom of Intex pool is slimy

Welcome to TFP.

More than likely your chlorine is too low and you have algae starting. To really help, we'd need to know your current chlorine and CYA levels.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Bleach and brushing will fix you up. How much bleach is dependent on your test results. Too much will bleach the liner, too little will be futile against algae. And the CYA level is critical.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

OK I can't figure out how to post on here. Sorry this isn't exactly the same problem but close. We recently received 6" of rain in three days now the bottom of the pool is slimy its an intex 16x48 with a Krystal clear salt system I order a 60$ test kit that was suggested to me on here before but it has not arrived yet if you resolved your issue and don't mind sharing some insight or if anybody out there can tell me how to stop this before it ruins my kids summer