Maybe algae? Please Help

jb9405

May 16, 2013
One week ago I had new 18' AG pool installed & water delivered. I had chlorine tablets in a floater but I just hooked up & turned on my pump & [DE] filter yesterday. Water is crystal clear, I'm in the process of balancing out the chemicals. My problem is this... at the bottom center of the pool is what I assume to be algae of some sort?? (please see picture) With my former pool we definitely had an algae problem which seemed to be concentrated in the same exact spot. With my former pool no matter what chemical/vacuuming combo we used it would go away only temporarily, always came back. I am by no means a pro when it comes to pool chemistry but I know I do NOT want to start off with the same problem with this new pool. Please help! What is the best way to get rid of algae (if that's what this is) once and for all? Why the center of the pool? The filter has been cleaned and water seems to be circulating fine. I'm perplexed. Has anyone ever heard of or used a product called Kleen Pool? Recommended or no?

Attachments

• photo-35.JPG
    photo-35.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 62
Welcome! :wave:

[center:5y9syst7]
file.php
[/center:5y9syst7]

A real test kit (defined in pool school) to help you establish the proper chlorine level and some brushing ought to fix you right up. If not, then the shock process, which is described in pool school, will take care of any algae.

Those are leaves and dirt that you circulated and gathered into the middle of the pool. You definately need Pool School though and a good test kit! cough TF100 cough cough

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.