Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maybe algae? Please Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Maybe algae? Please Help

One week ago I had new 18' AG pool installed & water delivered. I had chlorine tablets in a floater but I just hooked up & turned on my pump & [DE] filter yesterday. Water is crystal clear, I'm in the process of balancing out the chemicals. My problem is this... at the bottom center of the pool is what I assume to be algae of some sort?? (please see picture) With my former pool we definitely had an algae problem which seemed to be concentrated in the same exact spot. With my former pool no matter what chemical/vacuuming combo we used it would go away only temporarily, always came back. I am by no means a pro when it comes to pool chemistry but I know I do NOT want to start off with the same problem with this new pool. Please help! What is the best way to get rid of algae (if that's what this is) once and for all? Why the center of the pool? The filter has been cleaned and water seems to be circulating fine. I'm perplexed. Has anyone ever heard of or used a product called Kleen Pool? Recommended or no?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Jessica~
    18 foot round AG, 7646 gallons
    Hayward Perflex DE filter
    Install 5/15/13

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maybe algae? Please Help

PS - Forgot to include my current test reading (used HTH 6-way strip from WalMart):

FC: 3/6
    PH: 7.8
    TA: 240
    TH: 800
    CYA: 0
    ~Jessica~
    18 foot round AG, 7646 gallons
    Hayward Perflex DE filter
    Install 5/15/13

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

[center:5y9syst7][/center:5y9syst7]

A real test kit (defined in pool school) to help you establish the proper chlorine level and some brushing ought to fix you right up. If not, then the shock process, which is described in pool school, will take care of any algae.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Those are leaves and dirt that you circulated and gathered into the middle of the pool. You definately need Pool School though and a good test kit! cough TF100 cough cough
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter