no winter cover this year

May 23, 2013
Split from post495563.html#p495563
Please start your own thread for questions :wink: Thanks, Butterfly

Unfortunately due circumstances out of my control our pool was not covered this winter either and although there is no serious damage i have a layer of leaves at the bottom that probably exceeds 2 inches, its a vinyl lined in ground pool, i have a place to dump the waste near by. Have you heard of anyone using an external pump to pump out leaves ex. a dredge pump. What kind of damage could i potentially be doing to my vinyl lining. Any other alternatives that does not include bagging or scooping leaves?

All I can say is that I've been in this situation with my inground. The leaf volume is often worse than it appears. Try a half hours work with a leaf net and let it settle then look again. A bunch of them will break up and then could be dealt with by vacuuming with a normal pool vacuum if you have that ability. Otherwise, trot out to a tool rental store and talk to them about something that might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.