Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: no winter cover this year

1. Back To Top    #1

no winter cover this year

Split from post495563.html#p495563
    Please start your own thread for questions Thanks, Butterfly

Unfortunately due circumstances out of my control our pool was not covered this winter either and although there is no serious damage i have a layer of leaves at the bottom that probably exceeds 2 inches, its a vinyl lined in ground pool, i have a place to dump the waste near by. Have you heard of anyone using an external pump to pump out leaves ex. a dredge pump. What kind of damage could i potentially be doing to my vinyl lining. Any other alternatives that does not include bagging or scooping leaves?
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 350 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch Wireless remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: no winter cover this year

All I can say is that I've been in this situation with my inground. The leaf volume is often worse than it appears. Try a half hours work with a leaf net and let it settle then look again. A bunch of them will break up and then could be dealt with by vacuuming with a normal pool vacuum if you have that ability. Otherwise, trot out to a tool rental store and talk to them about something that might help.