Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Little help..water cloudy, water tests good

1. Back To Top    #1

Little help..water cloudy, water tests good

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got my pool up and running, around 20.5k above ground pool.
    Running a Hayward dream line sand filter.

I opened the pool about 1-1/2 weeks ago, it was very green. Have shocked it and also passed overnight shock test.
    FC 5.0
    CH 134
    CA 45
    PH 7.5

After water tested good I immediately thought my filter isnt doing its job so opened up filter to see broken line added new sand and Fixed line and have ran for 2 days straight and pool doesn't seem to be clearing much....
    Any suggestions? Possibly pipe broke again?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Little help..water cloudy, water tests good

Welcome to TFP!!!

Either have patience (sand filters are a little slow) or try this: pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Give it time. Last spring at opening my pool was clean (as in no algae) but hazy/dirty from silty junk getting through the cover. It took a week to sparkle. The shock process will likely take longer.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

What's the CC level now?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Total chlorine 5.0