Replacement power supply for Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage

lconnors

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2013
Davenport, IA
Bought the house in January, in the midst of cleaning up the pool which had not been touched in 3 years. We've replaced the pump and filter, started the shock process and are preparing for the day when there might actually be swimming taking place.

We found a Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage pool cleaner in the pool house - minus the power supply. I cannot comprehend how the 2 would be separated, but at any rate, I'm going to take the chance that the robot works and get a replacement. I've seen pictures of 2 different ones online - a bright yellow and a white. None of them show the connector, so I cannot tell which one I need.

Does anyone have this cleaner that can tell me the part number of the power supply, or post a pic of the plug connector so I can see what I need? Thanks!

Re: Replacement power supply for Dolphin Diagnostic Advantag

After my Dynamic died, FIL have me their Diagnostic. I was going to try swapping the power supplies to troubleshoot the problem and before I did, realized that they output different voltages ... so careful what you order.

You may want to contact Maytronics and confirm the Voltage you need / give you a part number.

the output voltage on the power supply for the Dolphin Diagnostic is 37 v DC. So all you need is to go to one of the online pool supply stores that sell the "Dolphin" power supplies, confirm that the output is 37v DC and you are all set.

I have had my Dolphin Diagnostic apart (completely) a number of times to trouble shoot a few different problems. If you are handy it can be done. I know the voltage coming in and out of the transformer inside the power supply, and going to the robot. Among many other things.

HTH
Dan

I have checked before and it seems there are several part numbers for the power supplies, I am not sure about compatibility, I can say though that I have a plain Dolphin Diagnostic (teal and purple) model and it has a yellow power supply, I don't recall the voltage off hand, and I am at work now so that is the best I can do at the moment.

Ike

p.s. they sometimes show up cheap on ebay

Thanks, guys. My daughter actually found the power supply in a corner of the basement storeroom. Literally 2 days after I went and bought a new Hayward Pool Shark or something. (I'm at work and can't remember exactly). Anyway, the dolphin runs, but it appears to just go back and forth in the same spot so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may just keep the new one and sell the Dolphin on ebay for parts. At least I know the motor and power supply are working.

It may just need new tracks or brushes, the tracks when new are flat across the bottom, with wear they start to curve up on the outside edge, and the brush part should be soft and pliable, if it is stiff then the tracks don't contract the bottom well and ability to move and climb slopes / walls suffers.

I'll try to take a pic tonight of the brushes and see what it looks like. I'd like the ability to do the walls, as the Hayward does not, but I have the warranty with the Hayward and I have no idea how old the Dolphin is - it could die tomorrow lol. With the way everything has gone since I bought this house, I would bet on it actually :rant:

Thanks, guys. My daughter actually found the power supply in a corner of the basement storeroom. Literally 2 days after I went and bought a new Hayward Pool Shark or something. (I'm at work and can't remember exactly). Anyway, the dolphin runs, but it appears to just go back and forth in the same spot so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may just keep the new one and sell the Dolphin on ebay for parts. At least I know the motor and power supply are working.
===
Hi I just found this old thread. Do you still have the yellow power supply, and if so, would you like to sell it? Is it a model 5204? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.