Please Critique my Plumbing Setup (Simple AGP Job)

May 13, 2013
I have this now: Pentair 1hp Optiflow, Clean and Clear cartridge filter, Hayward Skimmer, gate valve, crappy hoses and clamps
100_0841800x600_zps210b81fd.jpg

I'd like to do this:
100_0843800x600_zps58ca725d.jpg

Return Side:
pool==1.5"elbow==SWG unit==2" elbow==bushing==1.5" flexible PVC pipe==bushing==2"elbow==filter union

Suction Side:
Skimmer ==1.5" female adapter==1.5" PVC pipe==Sch 80 union==1.5" spigot sweep elbow==1.5" flexible PVC pipe==space saver union==valve==1.5 spigot adapter--pump

Its a simple setup, just wanted to get some feedback before I glue it up. The elbows under the skimmer and SWG will rest on the ground to provide some support. Flexible PVC pipe will connect everything.

I'm wondering about the elbows. Should I change the two 2' elbows to sweep elbows to get better flow? Conversely I just read too little head pressure may not be good - too noisy and may be too much flow for filter - should I change the two 2" elbows to 1.5" elbows. Am I over thinking this :)

Also the union next to the valve is a 1.5" Slip by 1.5" Spigot I picked it up from flexpvc.com to save space. Its not schedule 40 or NSF rated. Should I stick with or use an adapter and a more more robust Sch 80 union I have available?

Anything else I should consider changing?

Thanks for looking, Joe

Are those sweep elbows schedule 40?

I would just use regular Sch 40 90s and not worry about the sweeps.

Is that a Hayward SWG? I thought they all have external flow switches (or maybe this is for AG pools and it is integrated?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.