Stains With New Plaster

May 23, 2013
I just had my pool plaster redone and I have some stains in different parts of my pool, I have tried brushing and it will not come off. My pool has been plastered for two weeks now. I have not ran my heat at all and just put my pool sweep in for the first time yesterday. My ph has been high since the plaster job around 8.0 I managed to get it down a bit. My calcium level is where it should be around 250. My cholrine level has been low, I just got it up to about a free cholrine level 3.00 yesterday. Not sure if my stains are organic or metal stains. Any help would be appreciated. I put a lime and a chorline tablet on two different stains and did not see either of them dis appear or lighten. Attached are some pics. Do you think these stains will go away on their own with chorline now in the pool cause I did not have any free chorline in the pool until now.[attachment=0:3v7ah2au]Pool 3.jpg[/attachment:3v7ah2au] Here is a picture of my steps

Attachments

• Pool 3.jpg
    Pool 3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 123
If they are organic stains, chlorine will bleach them out.

Before you do anything else, call the contractor. If it's only been two weeks, he ought to do something about it, even if it's nothing more than look at them and tell you they're organic.

And if he doesn't do anything, then come back and search for stains. There are ways to differentiate between organic and metal stains, but you don't want to do anything that might affect the plaster until the plasterer has had his chance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.