Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mosquito fish

1. Back To Top    #1
    Evans, GA

Mosquito fish

Need a little advice here. As it stands right now the i/g pool at our rental house is just sitting open and is basically a bull frog pond. I was wondering if it was worth putting those mosquito fish in as the mosquitos will be really, really bad over there in the near future. Or should I just get it covered up and let it be?
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to or be able to maintain the pool chemistry so it doesn't turn into a pond?
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Detroit Burbs

Re: Mosquito fish

They seem to be working: ... 2k_BIDW7oF

Personally, I'd rather take some time and a little money to enjoy it if possible. Might even help find a new renter if they see it sparkling instead of seeing it as a toxic dump. Install one of those Liquidators, fill it up set it close to correct, put the pump on a timer, forget it about it for a few weeks.
    2007 - 24' AG Doughboy Desert Spring dished 1.5', with DB Power Pak II-1hp pump, DB Sequel I Plus DE, Hayward H-Series Heater 100k + 8gal LQ.