Confer Curve Steps - Ballast Ideas?

Ocala1

Feb 18, 2013
AG Step Pad - To Use, Or Not To Use?

We are finishing a new AG pool install, and we have purchased the Confer Curve step system (feels solid). It uses 5 resin foot pads (about 6"x6"). I am worried about the step system being in direct contact with the liner, and the possibility of it eventually damaging the liner as a result of step entry/exit slight movement and pressure changes.

Sooo... Does anyone have a opinion, based on experience of whether a step pad would be good, pointless, or other consideration?
Also, any other issues related to using a step pad?

Many thanks for your quick response.

Merged by moderator. Please keep your related questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

We are finishing a new AG pool install this week. We purchased the Confer Curve step system. It is designed to allow you to pour sand into sections of the resin step structure. However, this is not the optimum idea given that the sand has to be added prior to completion of the step tread installation, and prior to lifting the step system into the pool. I am trying to come up with some other ideas that would allow me to assemble the unit, place it in the water, get the air out, and then attach some sort of ballast (maybe PVC pipes filled with concrete and capped) to the steps.

Question how would heavy duty plastic tie wraps hold up in a submerged chlorine pool environment?
Any other add-on ballast ideas for the Confer Curve system?

Your experiences are greatly appreciated. :)

I haven't tried it yet, but i have a feeling if I filled my steps with sand I would regret it as I wouldn't be able to remove easily as needed.
So, I will be filling my empty bleach bottles with sand/bleach-water and ziptie them to the underside of the steps using the bleach bottle handle. That way at end of season I can cut the ziptie's and remove the bottles of sand so the steps can be removed.

Someone mentioned using clear bathmats under the steps to protect the liner. I will be doing that also.

Thanks Lizzianne.

I like the bleach bottle idea. I am just not sure what plasics tolerate a chlorine pool water environment (obliviously a chlorine bleach bottle would, so thanks), and what doesn't. That is why I am curious if anyone has experience using plastic zip ties under water for extended time?

I had heard the bath mat idea before from a friend. So that is a real possibility of me doing. Anyone know of any algae growth issues under or around the bath mat idea?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.