Automatic AG Cleaners

May 15, 2013
Texas
Hello All of the Pool Pros:
I want to get an automatic pool cleaner for my Intex AG 16x32 SWG pool. I am looking at the electric powered robots since my pump is not powerful enough to power a cleaner sufficiently. I want to get the most bang for my buck. I am currently researching the pool blaster speed jet and pool rover automatic cleaner. My liner has some wrinkles will that prevent the cleaners from working their magic?

Thanks for all your replies. I called one of my local pool stores and they just started carrying the AG pool cleaners. They have the aquabot pura 4x but not the S2-40 along with some other aquabots. I will probably go by after work to look and compare them. @ Freedbaby I have looked at the jr as well. I am still open for any suggestions before I go.

I think I've made my mind up on the Pura 4x; it is the new series of the S2-40. I am going after work to pick it up. Although it cost a little more at the pool store I like the convenience (if it breaks or does not work; I can take it right back up there). Just for future readers it appears Aquabot has changed their warranty period to two years on the new models (per official Aquabot site).

Actually the warranty on the S2-40 is only 1 year and is available to purchase online. The Pura 4x is basically the S2-40 in a different color made to be sold at your local pool dealer. They also bump the warranty to 2 years. I couldn't find a local dealer, so had to buy the S2-40 from Amazon.

Edit: Looks like some third party vendors sell the Pura 4x online, but I wouldn't count on Aquabot honoring the warranty.

Yes, I was lucky enough to have a local dealer (in fact they just started carrying Aquabot products) so no worries about the warranty being honored. :)
And The Aquabot Pura 4X worked like a champ. I put it in last night and once again before work this morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, the new series are for AG pools. I can't help you out on the AG with deep end, mine does not have it. It probably depends on how drastic your slope is. When mine cleans it goes up the side walls which have a slope until it hits the straight incline. Hope that makes sense. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.