Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic AG Cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic AG Cleaners

Hello All of the Pool Pros:
    I want to get an automatic pool cleaner for my Intex AG 16x32 SWG pool. I am looking at the electric powered robots since my pump is not powerful enough to power a cleaner sufficiently. I want to get the most bang for my buck. I am currently researching the pool blaster speed jet and pool rover automatic cleaner. My liner has some wrinkles will that prevent the cleaners from working their magic?
    Penny
    14,362 gal, AG, Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16", SWG Model CS20110 Flow Rate 2,650 gal/hr, Installed 2012
    Aquabot Pura 4x

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic AG Cleaners

I just got this, and love it! This is the newer version of the Rover for 2013. It seems to be very well made for the price. They also have a 50 foot cable version with brushes for $100 more.

Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40

Dino
    Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool

3. Back To Top    #3

I just bought a Pool Rover Jr and am pretty happy with it so far. For the money I dont think you can beat it. Does exactly what it says it will do.
    Swim 'N Play Deluxe 8000 15 x 30 (buttress free, vinyl)
    13,500 gallons
    Hayward horse and a half pump
    Hayward sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for all your replies. I called one of my local pool stores and they just started carrying the AG pool cleaners. They have the aquabot pura 4x but not the S2-40 along with some other aquabots. I will probably go by after work to look and compare them. @ Freedbaby I have looked at the jr as well. I am still open for any suggestions before I go.
    Penny
    14,362 gal, AG, Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16", SWG Model CS20110 Flow Rate 2,650 gal/hr, Installed 2012
    Aquabot Pura 4x

5. Back To Top    #5

My understanding is the Jr. has been replaced by these newer Series 2 Rovers.
    Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool

6. Back To Top    #6

I think I've made my mind up on the Pura 4x; it is the new series of the S2-40. I am going after work to pick it up. Although it cost a little more at the pool store I like the convenience (if it breaks or does not work; I can take it right back up there). Just for future readers it appears Aquabot has changed their warranty period to two years on the new models (per official Aquabot site).
    Penny
    Aquabot Pura 4x

7. Back To Top    #7

Actually the warranty on the S2-40 is only 1 year and is available to purchase online. The Pura 4x is basically the S2-40 in a different color made to be sold at your local pool dealer. They also bump the warranty to 2 years. I couldn't find a local dealer, so had to buy the S2-40 from Amazon.

Edit: Looks like some third party vendors sell the Pura 4x online, but I wouldn't count on Aquabot honoring the warranty.
    My New Pool

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, I was lucky enough to have a local dealer (in fact they just started carrying Aquabot products) so no worries about the warranty being honored.
    And The Aquabot Pura 4X worked like a champ. I put it in last night and once again before work this morning.
    Penny
    Aquabot Pura 4x

9. Back To Top    #9

I imagine these automatic cleaners don't work out too good on AGs with a deep end?
    18 x 34 Doughboy AGP
    Hayward sand filter(need to look up the model #)
    1 HP Hayward pump(need to find the model on that too!)

10. Back To Top    #10

Actually, the new series of Aquabots are designed for above ground AND inground pools, and will climb slopes and some walls if the floor to wall radius is large enough. I don't have a deep end on my pool, so I can't say how well this works.
    My New Pool

11. Back To Top    #11

Yes, the new series are for AG pools. I can't help you out on the AG with deep end, mine does not have it. It probably depends on how drastic your slope is. When mine cleans it goes up the side walls which have a slope until it hits the straight incline. Hope that makes sense.
    Penny
    Aquabot Pura 4x

12. Back To Top    #12

Hello All

dinom-
    I see above that the S2-40 is the same as the Pura4x but different colors for local distribution, does this mean they use the same parts for repairs??

~Todd
    ~Todd in NJ
    -----------------------
    24' round 54" ~15K gal, AG vinyl
    Hayward Power-Flow XL pump 1.5 HP 70gpm [SP1515Z1BC], Hayward 150lb Sand filter with ZeoSand
    Hayward CL-100 Cholrinator, No Robot yet, suggestions?

13. Back To Top    #13

Sorry I can't say for sure. I'm just going by what the customer service rep. told me. But I wouldn't be surprise if many of the parts are the same (minus the color of course).

Dino
    My New Pool