Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robotic Cleaner for 55 foot pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Robotic Cleaner for 55 foot pool

Based on some of the reviews provided here I was considering a Dolphin Supreme pool cleaner (M4/M5). The issue is that the specs for these cleaners state that they are good for pools up to 50 feet in length, our pool is 55 feet. The pool is not rectangular but rather an organic shape; it is a Sylvan, vintage 1992, if that helps.

I called Maytronics and they said that the limitation was in the mapping software in the cleaner and that it could not map a pool larger than 50 feet. The CS rep suggested that I might have to do two passes moving the cleaner to get it to cover the whole pool.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim
    35,000 Gallon Gunite (circa 1990), Diamond Brite(renovation 2014), Built in SPA, 48 Sqft DE filter, 2HP Pentair single Speed, 300 BTU Heater, Solid Anchor cover, Aquabot Turbo T4RC, CircuPool Si 60+ SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Robotic Cleaner for 55 foot pool

Welcome to the forum. You would be probably better off to go to a bigger (priceier) cleaner. I've used four robots and the "mapping software" is pretty useless.

Usually, the smaller ones don't move enough water to clean a very big pool so it has to clean for hours and hours.

I judge robots on how much water they will move, how big is the catch bag and how long is the cord length.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Dave,

Thanks for the input, I ordered an Aquabot T4RC. 5000 GPH, 75' cord and supposedly works fine on any shape pool. Should have it in a week, I'll update the post with the results.

Jim
    35,000 Gallon Gunite (circa 1990), Diamond Brite(renovation 2014), Built in SPA, 48 Sqft DE filter, 2HP Pentair single Speed, 300 BTU Heater, Solid Anchor cover, Aquabot Turbo T4RC, CircuPool Si 60+ SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

That's a horse!

Now, I am jealous.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Got the Aquabot yesterday and dropped it in last night, I went to bed and this morning had a clean pool! Looks like it covered the entire area. For now I would say it is a success!