Robotic Cleaner for 55 foot pool

tdi_jim

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2013
Monmouth County New Jersey
Based on some of the reviews provided here I was considering a Dolphin Supreme pool cleaner (M4/M5). The issue is that the specs for these cleaners state that they are good for pools up to 50 feet in length, our pool is 55 feet. The pool is not rectangular but rather an organic shape; it is a Sylvan, vintage 1992, if that helps.

I called Maytronics and they said that the limitation was in the mapping software in the cleaner and that it could not map a pool larger than 50 feet. The CS rep suggested that I might have to do two passes moving the cleaner to get it to cover the whole pool.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim

Welcome to the forum. :lol: You would be probably better off to go to a bigger (priceier) cleaner. I've used four robots and the "mapping software" is pretty useless.

Usually, the smaller ones don't move enough water to clean a very big pool so it has to clean for hours and hours.

I judge robots on how much water they will move, how big is the catch bag and how long is the cord length.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.