Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clorox Bleach Germicidal Concentrated - good for pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Clorox Bleach Germicidal Concentrated - good for pool?

Home Depot has this stuff 3x121oz for $4.27. It's 8.3% and does not appear to have anything special in it. Wondering about the "Germicidal"? Anyone know if this would be OK to use in the pool?
    40K gallon plaster, S8M150 sta-rite system 3 cartridge filter, Paramount infloor cleaning system with 9 port and debris canister, Pentair pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clorox Bleach Germicidal Concentrated - good for pool?

Welcome!

That is the stuff. And that's an excellent price! http://www.troublefreepool.com/bleac...13-t58266.html
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's a bangin' price!

Link to confirm: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Clorox-Bleac ... /100122367
    Matt
    9k gallon, plaster, IG. Raised spa w/ spillover into pool. AO Smith Century Centurion / Purex Triton WisperFlo 0.5 HP, Hayward 1.5 HP (spa), Polaris 1-516-01 1.5 HP (blower). Hayward DE3620 36 ft2 72 GPM DE Filter, Polaris 145 cleaner. Pool built ~1980.
    Trouble-free, BBB since: April 25, 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

So, considering I have no chemicals, my pool was not opened last summer (new to me house), I have a truck, and storage should not be an issue - how many 3-packs of this stuff do you guys think I should buy? I guess the bleach can go bad if it sits around too long?
    40K gallon plaster, S8M150 sta-rite system 3 cartridge filter, Paramount infloor cleaning system with 9 port and debris canister, Pentair pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

...oh and I think my pool is between 35 and 40k gallons, but still need to get a better idea on that...

6. Back To Top    #6

Double check that price. In the Bleach Prices 2013 thread, somebody said the price is mislabeled and that price is per bottle.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

7. Back To Top    #7

Didn't we already confirm in the 2013 Bleach thread that the website is wrong and that price is for 1 bottle and not 3 making it a really bad deal?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Ugggg. I ordered 15 online for store pickup. I'll let you know how it goes...

9. Back To Top    #9

No dice

10. Back To Top    #10

I confirmed via the SKU with my local Home Depot that the price is per bottle not a three pack.
    29,000 gallon irregularly shaped in ground pool. Plaster. DE Filter. 1 hp pump. Pool approximately 10 years old. Polaris 380 robotic cleaner. Middletown, Delaware.