I have black Algae, day 2 of super-chlor shocking. Quick history:
- Had pool water tested at store at first, thought they were doing an ok job. Became member on forum.
- Found some algae in pool, SWG had crapped out, green algae formed. Shocked pool, got rid of green algae
- decided to switch from salt to non-salt (chlorine, BBB method) due to erosion of rock feature waterfall on pool (separate post)
- drained half of pool and filled with tap water
- shocked pool based on pool store results (they were saying CYA = 100)
- Checked pool with FAS-DPD test kit, Results:
Alk = 90 ppm
Hardness = 300 ppm
CYA= 50 ppm
So, I'm pretty happy with my chem results with the FAS test kit. However, still have black algae. I have scrubbed the spots with a steel wire brush, didn't see a change today.
- anyone had success with scrubbing spots with pumice stone?
- are my test results above accurate with that high of chlorine, ie, is the FAS test kit independent of FC levels?
- I have not backwashed my DE filter yet, should I?
- can I get in the pool with the chem results above and scrub with pumice stone? Or not recommended?
- I'm doing a FC overnight test tonight, will post results