If buying a used pool on craiglist:
- CHECK YOU LOCAL LAWS REGARDING WHERE TO PLACE THE POOL. I was planing to just install everything without permits and later ran into an issues and found out where I was placing the pool wasnt allowed. I got so disgusted that Im not puting up the new (used) pool and just putting up the old intex for two more years til I save enough for an in ground.
- If you have a sprinkler system take that into account too. My guys were trying to charge me $1800 to move some things around because of he pool. Of course where mine was going it had 4 valve boxes.
- You should be the one taking it down. I bought one from a guy and after looking at everything and doing research I found I was missing several parts. Luckily he took it back but most people will not. This also helps with learned how to put back together.
- Before dismantling the pool you should dig down to the bottom of the pool and inspect the tracks and the bottom of the wall for rust on both sides. I ended up having to buy new tracks. For a 28' pool that turned out to be around $225. I got the pool fr dirt cheap but I was trying to do this a cheaply as possible.
- Give yourself enough time to install. I was trying to put a 28' pool up in 4 weeks before my son's second birthday. Not that big of a deal but the difference from one side to the other was 18" and I was going to dig the hole myself. That would be a month of barely seeing my son which in the end was not worth it to me. You cant get this time back with your little ones.
Hopefully this helps someone out.