AGP Pump question

May 20, 2013
Tulsa, OK
My local store has a Jacuzzi Filter and Pump System that is coming with the Doughboy pool we are installing. It is a 1 1.5 Hp Self Priming W/ Run Dry feature Single speed. Its also coming with a Jacuzzi 300lb sand Filter.

The pump they said is made for inground application. Is this an issue? Im still studying the chemical ABC's and dont want to miss anything with my Pump and Filter kit...

They had some other options but this is what comes with it. They say it is the best that they offer. Just making sure this isnt a bunch of smoke being blown.

That's plenty big enough sand filter. Pump HP is overkill...........I have a 1.5 on my 16x32 and it's way too much. Someone will be along to answer the above/inground pump part for you.

Usually IG pumps are "bigger" than the equivalent HP AG pumps so given the size of the pump, it could be over sized for the filter. Is the pump paired with the filter as a combo unit? Can you post the part#s for the pump and filter?

The Pentair combo would be a better system. It uses the Dynamo pump which is a good pump. Also, the 1.5 HP pump that comes with the combo is SPL rated which is the same as the 1 HP up rated Dynamo (just marketing). So it actually isn't all that big of a pump. It fits nicely with that filter and is more than enough for your pool. They make a two speed version that would be a better choice and allow you to run on low speed most of the time.

PNSD0060DO2260 or PNSD0060DP2160

Identical systems but the 2260 is labeled as 1 HP while the 2160 is labeled as 1.5 HP. The pumps are actually identical, just the labels are different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.