This is my first post on here, and I hope I put in in the right place! I just moved into a home with a pool so I am fairly new to pool ownership. Here is my problem this year...
We had our pool opened last saturday by a pool company, since I had no idea how to do it. Everything seems to be working well except that the vacuum suction is very low compared to last year. There is some suction, but it is not even close to what it was. Last summer the vacuum head would even get stuck to the bottom and sometimes it was even difficult to pull the hose and vacuum skimmer plate out of the skimmer when I was done and the pump was still on. This year the hose pulls out with ease, the suction is low, and I even sometimes seem to lose suction...this makes vacuuming a long process.
Our pool is about 31x16 and maybe 10ft deep in the deep end. The things I know that are fine in regards to this are:
- The water level has not moved since we opened the pool
- The jets are flowing with great pressure on return
- The PSI gauge is sitting at around 18
- The pump seems to be flowing fine through the clear lid with no air
- I have replaced the hose and vacuum skimmer plate and it has not made a difference
Thanks very much for your help