Inground pool losing it's prime

May 22, 2013
I have a fiberglass pool, and last year we relocated our pumps, and they are now at least 1 foot above the pool level. Last year when we had to change the filters out of the filter housing, we had to blast the pipes with water to get it primed again. This year, we just opened the pool less than a week ago and we cannot keep the pool primed. A friend of our stopped by yesterday to look at it and suggested that we close the valves going into the filter before opening the chlorinator, filter housing or pump box. We ran the pool for a couple of hours and then shut it off. When I went to turn the pump on again today (nothing was opened since running the pool yesterday: ie: filter housing, chlorinator or pump box), and the pump was not primed again. I closed the valves and blasted the water into everything again, and it's running ok.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a 1hp Hayward Superpump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.