Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Control box mounted to kindorf or mount to wall?

1. Back To Top    #1

Control box mounted to kindorf or mount to wall?

Presently I have an Intermatic box mounted with two 1/2" metal conduit used as supports. This is mounted in front of my pad and the pad is next to the house wall.
    I'm planning for an Easy Touch control panel and can't decide if the Easy Touch should be mounted back where the Intermatic is, but with kindorf cemented in the ground or to place a junction box there and run wire a couple feet and mount the Easy Touch directly to the wall?

Any suggestions on which is a better way to go with?

[attachment=0:3laih0k3]IMG_0610.JPG[/attachment:3laih0k3]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Control box mounted to kindorf or mount to wall?

I have the same situation and am interested in teh answer as well. Thanks for asking!
    45' x 65" Rectangle, 85,000 gallons, marcite, 3 - 2hp Pentairs, sand, AutoPilot Professional 4 cells, Aquacheck Digital Reader, Aquachek Salt Water Chlorine Generator Test Strips (amazon has best price for 40 count!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Control box mounted to kindorf or mount to wall?

I'm good with doing either, but won't place the kindorf directly in the ground without concrete. The pool builder used the 1/2 conduit without any concrete and they rusted out fast.

Have to admit I haven't seen a lot of pool setups to form an opinion as to which is better.