Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
See the "clear" pipe to the left of my multi-port valve? I went to drain some water the other day and water spewed out of a crack in it. Odd they would insert a viewing port there, what are you looking at besides water flowing? It's turned so yellow/orange with age you can't see though it anyway. Any good external cements to patch something like this? Can't really replace it without replacing whole valve. Not a real big deal until it breaks.. just want to prevent that.

Chlorine%20feeder.jpg

tcat said:
See the "clear" pipe to the left of my multi-port valve? I went to drain some water the other day and water spewed out of a crack in it. Odd they would insert a viewing port there, what are you looking at besides water flowing? It's turned so yellow/orange with age you can't see though it anyway. Any good external cements to patch something like this? Can't really replace it without replacing whole valve. Not a real big deal until it breaks.. just want to prevent that.

Chlorine%20feeder.jpg
That's supposed to be a view window - some call it a sight glass - to watch the waste water when you're backwashing so you know when it's clear.

Even when backwashing or draining to waste there shouldn't really be any significant pressure on it if it just dumps into the sewer or spews out on the ground somewhere. A hunk of rubber hose and some hose clamps will fix it if it breaks.

As Richard said, the only time it'll see any water is when you're backwashing so I wouldn't worry about it unless it's making a real mess. You can just wrap it with some rubber or tape if it's very bad. Another thing it's good for is telling if your multiport is leaking water out the waste port when not backwashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.