SWG recommendation

Look for a cell designed for 1.5-3X the size of your pool. So at least a 20k-40k cell, the larger cell should last longer.

I think all can be wired for either 115V or 230V.

Can someone give me a quick overview on the price differences for various SWG systems? Why are the Intex systems so cheap, and what does a system like the Aquarite do that the Intex doesn't? It seems like if I just need a system to turn salt into chlorine, any of them would do the job.

You tend to pay more for the amount of chlorine the cell can produce. Some manufactures have more bells and whistles than others and you pay more for those systems. I suggest to look for a cell in the 40,000 gallon range and pick one that you can afford. Compupool seems to have decent reviews and is priced at the lower end, while Autopilot is a very nice high end unit that also gets good reviews.

Search this forum for all the different mfgs and see what you think.

Probably a bit too late, but we just ordered a solarchlor Max from poolsupplyunlimited.com and it should be here by Monday. I like that it is much bigger than what I need and it does not require an electrical connection.

Hi. I was just wondering how your SolarChlor Max is holding up? What ppm did you bring your salt up to?! We just installed the same one on our pool about 2 weeks ago on our 30' x 54" round pool. I guess I didn't get an instruction manual with ours (bought it also from poolsupplyunlimited) and can't find a whole lot online about this model and have yet to get a response from the SolarChlor company to ask them for any help. When first taking off my cover, our pool was very green with algae and pretty nasty looking. In the first week we only added 2 lbs. of shock two diff. times and I vacuumed to waste a few times to get the algae completely out of the pool and added the salt needed to get it to 4000 ppm with the SolarChlor Max installed over the pool side and it has surprisingly got the pool clean and has stayed that way for several days now, but when we test the chlorine in the pool, it doesn't show up any. Not sure what the deal is? We are clueless really and new to all of this. After talking to someone that sells this unit on ebay, he said that the manual says that it should be 6000 ppm and the CYA must be adjusted to 70-90 ppm. So, I was just curious how yours has worked for you and what all you may have had to do to get it to work correctly. Or, if anyone else has any experience with the SolarChlor Max unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.