Pump Pressure rising and flow stops when Pool Vac is attache

May 22, 2013
Hey Guys, new member here, I am having a strange issue and hope someone can help. I have a 25k gallon pool with a sand filter, everything appears to run fine when there is NO pool vac attached, i am currently using a kreepy krauly, about 6 months old. The gauge on the top of my filter reads 10psi, the skimmer has a lot of suction, the returns blow out strong. If i attach my Kreepy Krauly he runs like a bat out of heck for about 10 minutes, then out of nowhere it will slowly come to a stop. At that point the gauge at the top of my filter reads 20 psi and there is 0 flow in and out of the pool. There is no debri in the bottom of my pool, my catch baskets are clean, I just pulled almost all of the sand out of my drum(currently running it like this) to see if there was some blockage in there but nothing is visible. If i backwash it for honestly 5 seconds it returns to normal, permanently until i attach my vac again, any ideas?

Thanks,

Blake

Re: Pump Pressure rising and flow stops when Pool Vac is att

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

any ideas?
absolutely.

Your kreepy is doing exactly what is intended, it is vacuuming up fine debris (whether you can see it or not) and then depositing them in your sand filter clogging it up until you either backwash or jostle that fine debris just a bit to temporarily unplug...but that's temporary.

Posting test results will probably show inadequate chlorine levels and you will probably need to start the shock process. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School and then read "How to Shock Your Pool".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.