Do I need a new filter? Water is nasty in there...

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, new AGP in March of this year. We had the pump running 24/7 since then. I talked to the pool store (best source of info right...lol) they said on average I'd need a new filter once every three years.

I put in a slime bag cause I had a lot of fine silt in the bottom. Just did that yesterday and the pool is now spotless, yeah slime bag.

I thought it was time to figure out how to take the filter apart today. I shut the pump off and blocked off the skimmer. I didn't realize it would back flow through the return as well so I scrambled to find a plug as water was pouring out of the filter. I obviously had to also remove the slime bag at the same time.

Anyway, this is what I found. I'm assuming all this nasty water is from the slime bag that got poured back in the filter when I took it off?

Does it look like this filter needs to be replaced?

That's 2 months of 24/7 use, so Im thinking a 3 year change was total bs from the pool store?

Thanks!

u5a5ereq.jpg

budy7utu.jpg

That's not the pool..,

[attachment=0:mhdp540w]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369248242.253467.jpg[/attachment:mhdp540w]

This is. That other picture is the filter housing.

I think all the nasty water from the slime bag drained back into the filter housing. I sent it to waste. Thank goodness that's not the pool. :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369248242.253467.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369248242.253467.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.