Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nature2 location

1. Back To Top    #1

Nature2 location

I installed a Nature2 Express according to the recommendation from Leslie's, and that recommendation was to put the Nature2 as the last device before the return valve. That places it after the chlorine feeder, and I'm now not sure that recommendation was right. I'm happy with the system and my reduced chlorine usage, but the bottom of the cartridge literally disintegrated after about 4 months and the little balls inside flowed out and into my pool. I wonder if that's from the high chlorine levels corroding the plastic.

I also noticed when I removed the cartridge one time that the insides were all gunked up, seemingly from the high chlorine concentration flowing through it.

Is my feeder just in the wrong place on the plumbing?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nature2 location

Quote Originally Posted by Drew80
    Is my feeder just in the wrong place on the plumbing?
    Yes.

It's installed in your plumbing.

I'm not just being a wiseacre, either (the other term would get ****'ed)

alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html

More reading: Search
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

You will not get too much positive feedback on Nature2.

The forum consensus is that it is not necessary, expensive, and chlorine is by far superior at maintaining your pool correctly.

That said, if it's working for you, that's great. I am not sure you will get many experienced answers on it's placement from a majority of folks on here.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I would imagine the Nat2 corroded from the pucks melting and holding a high level of acidity behind it. If it's shot, we wouldn't recommend reinstalling/replacing it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    I would imagine the Nat2 corroded from the pucks melting and holding a high level of acidity behind it. If it's shot, we wouldn't recommend reinstalling/replacing it.
    Too late. I already replaced the cartridge, but this might be my last time. Picking little BBs out of my pool constantly isn't fun.

6. Back To Top    #6

The PB installed a nature 2 with the pool. Mine has it's own Tablet feeder, but the cartridge installs after the chlorinator... last thing before the return valve. I don't use the cartridge so cant speak on it's durability.
    600 sq. ft. 18'3" X 40'0" 25K gal Gunite Pool
    1&1/2 HP pump, 48 S.F D.E filter, Polaris 360 cleaning robot