Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: coping repair or replace options???

1. Back To Top    #1

coping repair or replace options???

A little background story.....I am a new pool owner, last season. To get the pool up and running I had to have the liner replaced. The contractor who did the work suggested that he install and new liner track as the old one was in bad shape. (if i remember correctly it was seperated from the wall?) pool is about 30 years old, plastic coping, metal walls, installed in early 80s according to neighbor. . Contractor said its in great shape..

Anyhow on to my question... this year pool is great but I would like to change a few things. I have plastic/resin coping that is all broken cracked and just in bad shape (see pics). I would like to repair replace or something? Can anyone help explain what im up against and/or any other options?

I've included some pics, this is not the only spot that is like this... hope they help tell the story better then I did!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 18k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - Hayward H250FD Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: coping repair or replace options???

bump
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 18k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - Hayward H250FD Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

For what it's worth, my coping is in similar shape. My PB replaced the liner track, screwing it underneath the coping. If you don't get an answer in a day or two, I'll give my PB a call about my issue, to help you solve yours.
    ~31k gallon 18x36 IG, Vinyl LoopLoc Sahara, Hayward C-750 75sq' Cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS3050, SGS Breeze760 SWG, Homemade Aerators, SmartPool Nitro 52 Wall Climber, TFT100 XL, Borates, and a partridge in a pear tree :)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dafuzz
    For what it's worth, my coping is in similar shape. My PB replaced the liner track, screwing it underneath the coping. If you don't get an answer in a day or two, I'll give my PB a call about my issue, to help you solve yours.
    thanks...from what I have been told it would be a lot of work. Just trying to find out my options...