3" slope on patio

May 22, 2013
Hi

I've just bought a 15 foot metal framed Intex pool. I would like to set it on a side patio but it has a slope of 1.7 degrees which I think means a drop of between 2-3 inches over the 15 feet.

Is this safe to set up or do I need to consider an alternative?

It's concrete slabs so digging isn't really an option and the rest of the garden is far to many slopes.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Very likely too much slope. I wouldn't suggest doing it.

I would think the best leveling device would be to put some pea gravel on the concrete and brush, push, scrape, screed (whatever works best) until you get a level spot about 17 in diameter. Screenings (pea gravel and rock dust) would work best of all, now that I think about it.

A 2-3 layer of screenings extended a little from the pool edge SHOULD stay in place physically.

That said, I was trying to think of something that would be aesthetically OK and fairly simple to "corral" them in but I am drawing a blank right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.