Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Still cloudy...

1. Back To Top    #1

Still cloudy...

Help please! My pool is still cloudy after several bags of shock and liquid chlorine. I had my water tested professionally yesterday and cya was in check and ph was fine. I was told to add 2 more bags of shock and conditioner and let pump run over night. Still reading between 2 and 4 in chlorine and ph is fine but water is very cloudy this morning. Any suggestions? pool owner with no owners manuals :)
    18ft above ground doughboy pool with power pak ii pump and sand filter approx. 20,000 gal

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Still cloudy...

Youe chlorine levels are not at shock level. You must raise it to shock level and keep it there by testing and adding chlorine as needed to maintain shock level. You do this until your water is clear. Run your filter 24/7 until clear. Your now going to be told in following posts to read pool school, buy a good test kit, and that the pool store is stupid (it is)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    11,250 gallon in-ground plaster pool, Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic AQL-PS-8 control panel, Hayward TriStar 1 HP pump, Hayward SwimClear cartridge filter (324 Sf), Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell 15 SWG, Navigator Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: Still cloudy...

I had my water tested professionally yesterday and cya was in check and ph was fine.
    Well, I suggest you order one of the recommended test kits so that you can have a professional test, done by YOU!
    The fav around here is the TF100. Link in my sig.

"in check and fine" don't mean anything to us. We need test results from a good test kit.

So, two things: First order a test kit and second, start reading Pool School!

Once we get a set of test results, we can help you
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!