Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is the best test kit out there

1. Back To Top    #1

What is the best test kit out there

Greetings and Salutations !

I have a 19,800 gallon salt system fiberglass pool in Marietta, GA.

I would like a water testing kit that tests FAC, pH, TA, CYA. calcium hardness, salinity and phosphate level.

What is the best one out there in your opinion?

Thanks!
    15K gal / IG / Fiberglass / Installed Feb 2013 / Ranger Sand filter by W.Cooper
    SWCG (Aqua Plus by Hayward ... either PL-Plus or PL-Plus-20 / Filled via Public Water
    2hp Waterco Pump / Using Taylor K-2006 /

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the best test kit out there

The best kit for your swimming pool is the TF-100 from www.tftestkits.net bar none! If you need to test salt level, get the Taylor K-1766 from them and get the Speedstir while you're at it. There is absolutely no need to test phosphates so don't even worry about testing that. That's a test the pool store/industry came up with in order to sell you more product and increase their bottom line.

To recap, go to www.tftestkits.net and order;
    (1) TF-100
    (1) K-1766
    (1) SpeedStir
    And optional (1) R-7065 CYA Standard (to help you fine tune your testing method)

And no, Dave doesn't pay me to say that. I say it because it's true. There is no better place or kit.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is the best test kit out there

I didn't buy the TF-100 as they can't ship across the border, so I bought the Taylor equivalent.
    That said, I recommend the TF-100, it's got everything you need and is a good price. Just an unbiased opinion.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list