Where do you pump your waste?

kyle11

May 17, 2012
I have been using a 50ft 1.5 in backwash hose down the street as we live on a hill and there are culvert that lets the water go underground. I am looking for a better way to so this. I am planning on running 1.5" pipe underground to the back side of my property. But then what can I do for it not to look out of place and not have to get out a hose every time what I backwash. [attachment=0:1hg3ln76]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369194376.837681.jpg[/attachment:1hg3ln76]

Here is the back side of my property and where I want to drain at is down this street which has a culvert at the end to catch the water.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369194376.837681.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369194376.837681.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 106
[attachment=0:bry8b28a]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369194529.682434.jpg[/attachment:bry8b28a]
This shows how far it is which is about 50 feet to the start of the road.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369194529.682434.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369194529.682434.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 105
That is actually what I was just reading about. Does the salt, muratic acid baking soda and cya not hurt the lawn? Also what about hooking it up to sprinklers. That could be done easily and would cut down on my water bill about $30 a month. I know they sell sch40 hose adapters. Then just have to figure out the right pressure to run the pump at. I wonder if the debris from the backwash would clog up the sprinklers. Might be something to look into just so long I am not gonna be killing my sod.

The only thing that will possibly hurt the lawn is the salt. But maybe not at your concentration.

Running a sprinkler probably won't work - they restrict the water flow a lot and you need a pretty good velocity to backwash a sand filter.

I play fireman and water the lawn with the huge hose when I backwash and leave it feeling like a rice paddy when I'm done.

I've been dumping my salt water aquarium water in an outdoor planter by my patio with no ill results to the plants (vincas and portulacas). I dont have an SWG but I do put salt in my pool. back when I was still using and abusing pucks I would drain water to my lawn whenever I needed to and again no ill results to the sod.

I pump my waste under some river rock and then it flows to the front yard. The problem is that it first goes down into my neighbors yard and then out to the street. I don't know if the new neighbor like me flooding the side of his gravel for a while each week.

Not sure where you are located but, here in western NY we dump a lot of salt all winter that ends up on the lawns at the side of the road. No ill effects from it as the rains usually dilute it enough to not cause a problem. I doubt the amount that you will be spreading on the lawn will even come close to doing any harm especialy if you change locations each time you back wash

cut down on my water bill about $30 a month
If you backwash $30/month, you are backwashing w-a-a-a-ay too much.

It looks like the ground at the base of your fence is a bit higher than the road. I would bring it up out of the ground at the fence and let it drain to the road.

duraleigh said:
cut down on my water bill about $30 a month
If you backwash $30/month, you are backwashing w-a-a-a-ay too much.

It looks like the ground at the base of your fence is a bit higher than the road. I would bring it up out of the ground at the fence and let it drain to the road.

Oh no I was talking about using around $30 in watering the lawn with sprinklers each month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.