Just purchased a Krystal Clear SWG Model CS7110

May 21, 2013
Tucson, Arizona.
My set up is a Seaview Club 15' x 42" Round Porthole Pool by heritage. I didn't install the wall filter that came with it. Instead, I made modifications to the wall of the pool to be compatible with Intex Pumps and SWG. All adapters from my local pool supply.

I owned a SWG from Intex in the past, and we loved it, no having to add chemicals the whole summer was just amazing. However, that one I purchased a few years back didn't come with the Copper electrodes, the Model I just purchased CS7110 does.

I liked the way my old one performed. Didn't need the Copper electrodes, my pool was sparkling clean the 3 summers we had it. So I will disconnect and remove the copper electrodes and continue to run it as I have. 4 hours a day.

I really don't want to run the risk of my pool liner to be stained or my wife's hair to turn a light shade of green.

I will continue to post updates as I disconnect them and watch the SWG performance.

Welcome to tfp, azhiker71 :wave:

azhiker71 said:
So I will disconnect and remove the copper electrodes and continue to run it as I have. 4 hours a day.
You can remove them, but most people just disconnect the electrical connection to the copper electrodes. The intex with the copper has about half the FC output of the old cell that did not have the copper, so you may have to run longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.